Teen Track (Middle School and High School)
Renaissance Atlanta Airport Gateway Hotel, Tango Ballroom
June 22, 2019
The Teen Track at the Eucharistic Congress (EC) is new this year, combining both middle school and high school youth (rising 6th graders to rising 12th graders).
It will be a great opportunity for middle school and high school youth groups to gather for fellowship and prayer and to be inspired.
This track will feature the wisdom and energy of Fr. Mike Schmitz and the creative and faith-filled music of EPIC the Band, with the help of emcee Jessie Corsey, one of our own local and dedicated youth ministers!
The track’s culmination will be special time with our Lord in Eucharistic Adoration.
Lunch and separate breakout opportunities for middle school and for high school will be included.
Group and Individual Registration
All Youth Ministers/Group Leaders and all Adult Chaperones need to register. Due to limited space, please note that Group Registration is conditional upon confirmation from the Office of Formation & Discipleship. For individuals who do not have a parish youth group participating, there is limited space available for individual registrations.
More details and FAQs can be found below.
|11:00am||Music, Welcome & Prayer|
|11:30am||Games & Talk|
|12:15pm||Lunch and Breakout Groups (high school & middle school)|
|1:30pm||Fr. Mike Schmitz Talk|
|2:45pm||Activity & Talk|
|4:00pm||Track Closes – dismissed by parish|
Please note: Because of limited space, your group registration is conditional and will be confirmed by the Office of Formation and Discipleship (OFD) after you complete your registration. Youth Ministers/Group Leaders will be contacted after all necessary adult chaperones have registered. The registration deadline is May 24, but please register early to secure a spot.
As a YOUTH MINISTER or PARISH GROUP LEADER bringing Youth to the Teen Track of the Eucharistic Congress, COMPLETE the following steps:
- Find your Adult Chaperones/Volunteers
- Minimum of two adults for the first 8 youths
- Additional one adult for each additional 8 youth
- Adult Chaperone/Volunteer Requirements:
- All adults attending the Teen Track MUST be on record as “cleared” to work with youth by the Office of Child & Youth Protection of the Archdiocese of Atlanta.
- This process takes time – adult volunteers must seek clearance in advance OR you MUST send adult volunteers who are already cleared. All adult volunteers must register as a volunteer. Adults should register for the Teen Track and put in the comments section which parish they are coming with. If they are not cleared, the Safe Environment Office will begin that process once they have registered.
- Each Youth (rising 6th-12th grader) must have a Parental Consent & Emergency Medical Release Form filled out and signed.
- YM/Group Leader must bring all completed forms (one for each youth attending) to the EC Teen Track.
- YM/Group leaders will need to register how many middle school and high school youth are attending (only the number of teens, not the names) as well as adult chaperones. Adult chaperones will need to register individually, noting the parish group.
- Register your group at the Volunteer Registration.
If you have any questions please contact OFD 404-920-7620 or at email@example.com.
The Teen Track of the Eucharistic Congress is designed for parish groups (high school and middle school youth ministry groups). We encourage you to ask your pastor or Youth Minister if a group from your parish plans to attend. A designated parish group leader registers all the youth who will attend from that parish (similar to a field trip in school). A limited number of individual registrations will be allowed this year. For individuals who do not have a parish youth group participating, parents may click here to register their child. The deadline is May 24, but please register early since limited space is available. Parents must fill out and sign the Parental Consent Emergency Medical Release Form and provide it during check-in at the Teen Track. Without a completed form, youth cannot participate in the Teen Track.
- Parental Consent & Emergency Medical Release Form in English
- Parental Consent & Emergency Medical Release Form in Spanish
MY CHILD IS REGISTERED TO ATTEND WITH HIS/HER PARISH GROUP; MAY HE/SHE BRING A YOUNGER SIBLING?
No. The Teen Track is for Parish Groups of Youth who are rising 6th – rising 12th graders.
IS THERE A COST TO ATTEND?
This event is free of cost. Parish groups register in advance (no later than May 24, 2019). Lunch is included.
IS TRANSPORTATION TO THE EUCHARISTIC CONGRESS INCLUDED?
No. Each Parish Group registered arranges their own transportation to and from the Congress.
WHERE IS THE TEEN TRACK?
The Teen Track is one part of the 2019 Archdiocesan Eucharistic Congress. The Congress is held at the Georgia International Convention Center (2000 Convention Center Concourse, Atlanta, GA 30337). The Teen Track will be held at: Atlanta Airport Renaissance Gateway Hotel, in the Tango Ballrooms (2081 Convention Center Concourse, Atlanta, GA 30337). This location is walking distance from the GICC through the South exit.
WHEN DOES THE TRACK BEGIN AND END?
Doors open to PRE-REGISTERED GROUPS at 10:30 AM. The track begins at 11:00 AM. The track ends at 4:00 PM. Lunch is included.
WILL OUR PARISH GROUP ATTEND THE CLOSING MASS OF THE EUCHARISTIC CONGRESS?
This is a question for your particular PARISH GROUP leader. Some groups may plan to stay, others may not.
WHOM SHOULD I CONTACT WITH MORE QUESTIONS?
Office of Formation & Discipleship, 404-920-7620 or firstname.lastname@example.org